Why R&R Lotion Chose to Formulate and Manufacture a Hybrid Sunscreen
R&R Lotion uses a mixture of ingredients to protect outdoor workers
By: Richard Rich
There are three types of Sunscreens being manufactured in the World today.
- A Chemical Sunscreen using primarily the active Ingredients Avobenzone, Oxybenzone, Octocrylene, Octisalate, Octinoxate and Homosalate.
- A Physical (Mineral) Sunscreens using either Zinc Oxide & Titanium Dioxide or Both
- A Hybrid Sunscreens which combines the Best Chemical and Physical Active Ingredients.
A hybrid sunscreen incorporates both Inorganic and Organic Filters to maximize the Sunscreen protection against the Suns cancer causing UV Rays.
We choose 4 ingredients to provide the best protection against these Harmful Rays, our Zinc Oxide is homogenizing for over 4 hours to Rub in Clear leaving no white cast.
- Zinc Oxide 7.02 % – Used to help block out UVA Rays and reflect then off the skin. But not too much so that it Rubs into the Skin Clear, leaving No White Cast. Works Immediately, no waiting 20 minutes before entering the sun.
- Octinoxate 6% – It is a chemical sunscreen agent that works to filter out UVB Rays from the sun. Helps to prevent burning of the skin, the visible signs of aging and limits the production of free radicals. In the US, under the FDA concentrations of octinoxate are limited to 7.5% and in the EU, under the CosIng regulations, it is limited to 10%.
- Benzophenone-3” or “BP-3”) – is an organic compound used as an ingredient in sunscreens because it absorbs UVB and UVA rays. It is FDA Approved in sunscreens and cosmetics at levels of up to 6% in both the United States and the European Union There are over 200 more significant contributing factors to coral bleaching then sunscreen ingredients, including rising water temperatures, human waste and pesticides from the runoff of the land.
- Octisalate 4% Octisalate – is a sunscreen ingredient, used to filter out harmful UVB rays from the sun. It is also used to improve the water-resistance of the sunscreen formulation. This allows the sunscreen to last a little longer when at swimming or sweating. The FDA has approved up to 5% in a sunscreen Formulation.
This formulation offers a Broad-Spectrum SPF 36 (80) Minute Water Resistant Sunscreen that is formulated using both organic and inorganic technology.